In support of academic effort and community care, The Lions Club is pleased to sponsor up to three scholarships for graduating high school seniors. The Kent Lions strive to support global leadership and community service. Lions are making a real impact in lives and communities around the world.
The ideal applicant will have demonstrated serious interest in pursuing their academic path.
- Be a Kent Center School graduate
- Be a Senior at HVRHS, Oliver Wolcott, or private school
- Students must be planning to attend a 2 or 4 year post-secondary education program. The program can be a degree or non-degree granting
DEADLINE: May 15
AWARD NOTIFICATION: HRVHS students will be notified at the Senior Awards Assembly or by mail if enrolled elsewhere (typically by mid-June). The actual award will be presented the following January after the completion of the Fall Term. Recipients and their parents are invited, as our guests, to our January Lions meeting for a celebratory dinner.
- Complete application
- Academic GPA 80 or higher
- Current Academic Transcript*
- Teacher Recommendation*
- Community/Personal Recommendation*
*These items should be submitted directly from your school or recommender to LionsKentCT@gmail.com.
Bernadette Ellegard – Chair